You love Phantasy Star Online 2 so much you can’t get by a day without logging in and getting your fix. Here are 35 signs that you’ve been playing too much PSO2…
1. You play PSO2 first thing in the morning before school/work and last thing at night before going to bed.
2. You think about the “perfect” skill tree build and meticulously plan out the spending of every skill point. Once you manage to come up with the “ultimate” skill tree, you start over again – just to make sure you can’t make it better.
3. It takes hours or days of intense thinking to decide whether it’s best to spend that 1 skill point to get a 1% increase in Just Attack damage or get Just Guard instead. After you decide and end up spending that skill point, you feel buyer’s remorse and wonder if you should’ve spent your SP differently. Then you consider maybe spending 500 AC to redo your skill tree…
4. You have 5 different skill trees for Hunter class alone (not to mention other classes) so you can try out different “play styles” and setups to find one you like most. Even then, you’re not quite sure which skill tree is the best…
5. You draw diagrams, perform complex mathematical calculations and write down every last combination of affixing patterns to find the best way to make that 3-slot Power/Shoot/Tech Ⅲ + Soul + Ability Ⅲ weapon or unit you’ve been dreaming about.
6. You say, “Yes!”, “Alright!” or an equivalent statement (and maybe do some form of “guts pose” like clenching your fist in front of you) when DuDu succeeds with the affixes for your weapon or unit. You also say inappropriate curse words and reprimand DuDu whenever he fails your affixes (especially if it had a supposedly 80% success rate).
7. When affixing weapons or units at DuDu’s Weapon Laboratory, you make sure to always do it at your favorite Block (I like Block 41), because it feels as though it makes a difference in success rates. And when DuDu fails your 80% affixes anyways, you “change Blocks” because apparently that particular DuDu sucks.
8. You must buy or find a way to obtain every Accessory, Hair Style, Voice and (most if not all) Costumes ever released – even if you know you’ll never use the majority of them.
9. Your PSO2 character dresses differently every day.
10. Your PSO2 character changes his or her hairstyle every few days.
11. The first and last thing you do when logging in or out of PSO2 is checking My Shop.
12. You also check My Shop (Player’s Shop) again after every Quest (even though you just checked it like 10 minutes ago). Sometimes you get a really strong urge in the middle of a MPA to go out and check My Shop.
13. Your friends all know where to find you when you’re not in the middle of a Quest – standing in front of a Visiphone checking My Shop.
14. Although your My Room is fully furnished with multiple luxury beds, sofas and chairs, the spot you spend most of your time standing at is in front of the Visiphone.
15. You can guess with almost 100% accuracy the name of the Rare Weapon that just dropped from the enemy you just killed – even without having to pick it up.
16. You have multiple copies of the same Rare Weapon that you carry with you for different purposes. If you’re a Hunter, you might have 3 Lambda Aristins – 1 with “maximum Strike Power” 3-slot affixes, 1 with Poison Ⅲ in case you need to slap some quick poison on a boss, and 1 with Lucky Rise to boost that 0.000001 drop rate by 0.00000005.
17. Even though you’re not actively playing PSO2, you leave your character logged on and check every hour at the 45-minute mark in case there’s an Emergency Quest.
18. You always make sure to keep your My Shop fully stocked at the maximum 30 items at all times – no exceptions!
19. When you’re not playing PSO2, you’re hanging out in the forums at PSO2-World.com, or checking the latest news on the official site.
20. You need to make sure your character is “perfect” in every detail – down to the eye color, body shape and the angle & size of her breasts if you’re playing a female character.
21. You forget to eat or (god forbid you) skip meals because you’re too busy playing PSO2 to bother.
22. You know the weekly maintenance time by heart – in JPT.
23. You have multiple Mags – for the same class – because you messed up raising them the first few tries.
24. You leave your character logged on and come back approximately every 13 minutes to feed your Mag.
25. You mute the in-game BGM and play with your favorite music playlist that you’ve made especially for when playing PSO2.
26. You know you’ve got to wake up early tomorrow, but oh just 15 minutes more of PSO2 can’t hurt – except that 15 minutes turns into 2 hours and you wake up feeling like a zombie the next day.
27. You really love Fridays because it means that a weekend of all-day PSO2 playtime is just around the corner.
28. You began imitating your character and performing some of the Lobby Actions in real life.
29. You can’t get through a few days without playing PSO2 before experiencing a severe case of withdrawal.
30. You coordinate your real life wardrobe to match the fashion sense of your character. You try to dress like your character – including buying similar-looking clothes, jewelry and accessories.
31. You refer to game currency (in other games) as “meseta”.
32. You sometimes refer to real life currency as “meseta” when you space out. You to Pizza Delivery Guy: “How much meset… um, how much will that be?”
33. You would rather stay home and play PSO2 than go outside to hang out with your friends.
34. You refer to fighter classes in other games as HUmarl and ranger classes as RAcaseal.
35. When someone mentions “AC”, you automatically think of “Arks Cash” AC instead of voltage AC.
Got anymore of your own to share? Post them in the comments below!Image Credit: CIM, アライヴ
PSO2 Luna Likes:
For the dedicated PSO2 player...
Phantasy Star Online 2 Premium Package
Comes with 5 Original Rare Weapons & Extra Redeemable In-Game Item Codes.