Today’s PSO2 update brings us a new AC Scratch – “Wild Ocean Pirates” – featuring pirate & ocean-themed outfits and items to celebrate the ongoing summer!
Plus, a new Emergency Quest – “Beach Wars!” – and new enemy – “Mesetan” – among other updates, brings yet more fun to the world of Phantasy Star Online 2.
Finally, there’s also a summary of current Player Campaigns as well.
Read on for a summary of the August 7, 2013 PSO2 update…
“Wild Ocean Pirates” 「ワイルドオーシャンパイレーツ」 AC Scratch
Available Until: September 4, 2013 (11:00 AM JPT)
Dispel the summer heat with cool ocean-themed outfits and items! No matter which race you are, there’s a pirate costume or parts for you.
Here’s a sample of items obtainable from the “Wild Ocean Pirates” 「ワイルドオーシャンパイレーツ」 AC Scratch:
Costume & Parts
- Albida Body | アルビダ・ボディ
- Albida Arm | アルビダ・アーム
- Albida Leg | アルビダ・レッグ
- Drake Body | ドレーク・ボディ
- Drake Arm | ドレーク・アーム
- Drake Leg | ドレーク・レッグ
Hairstyle & Head Parts
*Above is only a portion of items in the “Wild Ocean Pirates” AC Scratch.
New FUN Scratch Items
*Above is only a portion of items.
Time-Limited Emergency Quest
A new Time-Limited Emergency Quest – “Beach Wars!” 「ビーチウォーズ！」 – will be available from August 7, 2013 (after maint.) – September 4, 2013 (maint. start).
Time-Limited Client Orders (Xie)
Time-Limited Client Orders are available from NPC Xie (Summer) 「シー（サマー）」 starting from August 7, 2013 (after maint.) – September 4, 2013 (maint. start).
Arks Bingo Card
A new Arks Bingo Card – “Summer Bingo” – has been added and will be available from August 7, 2013 (after maint.) – October 9, 2013 (maint. start).
A new rare enemy – “Mesetan” 「メセタン」 – has been added (drops lots of meseta when attacked!).
New Interrupt Event, Client Orders & New Items Have Been Added
Badge Exchange Shop
Exchange items for the “Arks Badge Citrus” 「アークスバッヂ橙」 has been added to the Badge Exchange Shop 「バッヂ交換ショップ」. (“Arks Badge Citrus” is a badge that will be handed out by the management team.)
The following items have been added to the FUN Shop 「FUNショップ」:
- Photon Chair (10 colors) | フォトンチェア（全10色）
- Costs 2,500 FUN
- Remodel Room S | リモデルームＳ
- Remodel Room L | リモデルームＬ
- Scenery Pass: Desert | シーナリーパス・砂漠
- Scenery Pass: Tundra | シーナリーパス・凍土
- In PC version, the window area for selecting Symbol Art (in My Shop, Arks Card, etc.) will now have the title “Symbol Art List” 「シンボルアートリスト」.
- In PC version, a “Return to Ship Select” 「シップ選択に戻る」 option has been added to the logout menu, allowing players to return to character selection without having to login again.
- In the “Partner Addition Pass” 「パートナー追加パス」 purchase window, the initial cursor position has been changed to “No” 「いいえ」.
- In Ark Road’s “Reward Meseta・Experience” confirmation window, the number of obtainable items is now displayed.
- Fighter’s Class Skill “Adrenaline” 「アドレナリン」 explanation has been changed to be inline with the skill’s effect.
- Braver’s Class Skill “Rapid Shoot” 「ラピッドシュート」 explanation has been changed to be inline with the skill’s effect.
- A portion of messages displayed when moving through the Space Gate has been changed.
- A portion of messages displayed when My Room Goods has failed to reform has been changed.
- The message above NPC Xie（○○○）’s 「シー（○○○）」 head has been changed to “Time-Limited Order Supervisor” 「期間限定オーダー担当」.
- Twin Dagger Gear power has been increased.
- The hit-stop time has been reduced for Knuckles.
- In fields like Forest and Ruins, a portion of Twin Machine Gun Photon Arts will no longer be obstructed by grass.
- The following changes have been made to “Akulps” 「アクルプス」:
- Reduced HP
- Preparation time for rotation attack has been reduced; range decreased
- The following changes have been made to “Windira” 「ウィンディラ」:
- Damage by long-ranged attacks to the head has been increased
- The height of flight has been reduced
- The height of flight for “Dagashu” and “Dagacha” has been reduced
- To make it easier to target “Kaldaago”‘s 「カルターゴ」 weak spot, unnecessary lock-on points have been reduced
Current Player Campaigns
Client Order Campaign #18
Campaign Period: August 7, 2013 (after maint.) – August 21, 2013 (maint. start)
- Within the campaign period, clear NPC Xie (Summer)’s 「シー（サマー）」 client order “Arks Style Summer Resort Development” 「アークス流サマーリゾート開発」 and receive:
- Experience Points +50% x2
- Grinding Risk Reduction (+1) x2
- Within the campaign period, clear NPC Girard’s 「ジラード」 client order “Coast Striding Rare Species” 「海岸を闊歩する希少種」 and receive:
- Rare Drop +50% x2
- Grinder x50
*Presents are scheduled to be sent out on the August 28, 2013 maintenance.
+10 Weapon Grinding Campaign
Campaign Period: August 7, 2013 (after maint.) – August 20, 2013 (23:59 JPT)
- During campaign period, grind any rarity ★1～★6 weapon to +10 and receive:
- Experience Points +50% x2
- Grinder x50
- During campaign period, grind any rarity ★7～★10 weapon to +10 and receive:
- Grinding Success Rate +10% x4
- Grinding Risk Reduction (+2) x2
*Units and ★11～★12 weapons do not count towards the campaign.
Net Cafe Login Campaign
Campaign Period: August 7, 2013 (after maint.) – September 4, 2013 (maint. start)
- During campaign period, earn 1 Cafe Point at any official “PSO2″ authorized net cafe and receive:
- Triboost +100% x2
- Half Doll x1
- During campaign period, play 10 hours or more at any official “PSO2″ authorized net cafe and receive:
- Excube x2
- FUN 1000 Points Ticket x1
- During campaign period, play 20 hours or more at any official “PSO2″ authorized net cafe and receive:
- Rare Drop Rate +250% x1
- August 9, 2013 (Fri) – Rare Drop Rate +50%
- August 12, 2013 (Mon) – Meseta Drop +200%
- August 13, 2013 (Tue) – Experience Points +50%
“Beach Wars!” 「ビーチウォーズ！」 Emergency Quest Schedule
All times are in JPT (time zone converter).
- August 8, 2013 – August 18, 2013:
- August 19, 2013:
Like this post? "Like" our Facebook page below and follow us on Twitter - never miss an update again!