Today’s PSO2 update introduces the next difficulty of quests after Advanced Quests – called “Extreme Quests”! Plus, there’s a new “Shining Girls Festa” AC Scratch – featuring costumes from the girls of SEGA’s “Shining” series – and the unlock of Mag Level 175 (and several other updates).
There’s also this time’s “Secret Keyword” – revealed on the May 14 NicoNico PSO2 Live Broadcast – found below in this post. Just type the secret keyword in-game to receive the next set of Special Voices!
Read on for the full scoop…
“Shining Girls Festa” (シャイニングガールズフェスタ) AC Scratch
This update’s AC Scratch features a collaboration with SEGA’s “Shining Series” (Shining Ark, Shining Blade, etc.). Now you can dress your character like one of the popular “Shining” heroines!
Here’s some of the items you can obtain from the “Shining Girls Festa” AC Scratch…
Panis Repca | パニス・レプカ
Sakuya mode N Repca | サクヤｍｏｄｅＮ・レプカ
Phantom Q Repca | ファントムＱ・レプカ
Urayukihime Repca | 裏雪姫・レプカ
Kraz Repca | クラウチ・レプカ
Green Rappy Suit | グリーンラッピースーツ
Additional Lobby Action
*Above are only a portion of items obtainable from the “Shining Girls Festa” AC Scratch.
Extreme Quests | エクストリームクエスト
Finally! The next level of difficulty quests after “Advanced” has been added, and they’re called “Extreme Quests”!
Players can participate in Extreme Quests from Level 50 onwards, and they’ll have to face strong enemies of Level 60 and above!
Extreme Pass | エクストリームパス
To participate in Extreme Quests, an “Extreme Pass” (エクストリームパス) is required. One “Extreme Pass” can be obtained from the Extreme Quest Counter every 22 hours.
Extreme Quests feature various “Stages” (40 has been added in today’s update – with more to come soon!) – with each Stage having different objectives.
There will be various challenging objectives for each Stage like “defeat 10 enemies within 30 seconds”, for example.
For each play (requiring 1 Extreme Pass), there will be 5 Stages. After clearing Stages 1-5, you can then proceed to Stages 6-10 on the next run.
Extreme Quests feature special “Stage Orders” – special objectives within each Stage.
“Stage Orders” require technical play and teamwork to complete, and can range from “Defeat x enemies within y time” to “Avoid taking damage for x time”.
By successfully completing Stage Orders for each Stage, a special bonus will be granted to make the next Stage a little easier.
“Extreme Computer Terminal” | エクストリーム端末
Upon clearing the 5 Stages of an Extreme Quest run, players can collect reward items from the “Extreme Computer Terminal” (エクストリーム端末).
The number of items a player can take back will be based on the results of the Extreme Quest run. The better the results, the more items one can receive!
Of course, there will be ☆11 Rare Weapons & Units exclusive to Extreme Quests as well.
In addition to the normal rare item drops from Extreme Quests, there is also a system that allows players to eventually obtain the rare item they want by clearing the Extreme Quests a number of times. (*Similar to Pyroxene Weapons introduced in Advanced Quests.)
Mag Level 175
The Mag Level Cap 150, which has existed since the opening day of PSO2, has finally been increased to Level 175 as of today’s update! Which stats will you increase next?
A new “FUN Shop” has also been added, allowing players to trade their FUN points for FUN items. Can’t get the FUN item you want from doing FUN Scratch? Get it at the FUN Shop!
New Feature: Emergency Quest Selection
Previously, Emergency Quests were separated by Area (ie. City, Forest, Floating Continent, etc.) and for Emergency Quests of the same area, a random one will appear.
After today’s update, players can now choose which Emergency Quest to go to if there are more than 1 for that area.
For example, City Emergency Quests are “Dark Ragne”, “500 Points” and “Falz Hunar” – you can now choose which one to go to whenever there is an Emergency Quest in the City area.
New Emergency Quest: “Together With Wind and Rain”
From May 15, 2013 (maint. over) until the June 12, 2013 maintenance, a new Emergency Quest – “Together With Wind and Rain” (雨風とともに) – will be available.
New Rare Enemy: Frog Rappy
From May 15, 2013 (maint. over) until the maintenance on June 12, 2013, a new Rare Enemy – the Frog Rappy (フログ・ラッピー) – will make its appearance in various Fields.
New Client Orders
New Client Orders from NPC Xie (Rainy) (シー（レイニー）) will be available from May 15, 2013 (maint. over) to June 12, 2013 (maint. start).
- Extreme Quest
- Utmost Limit Practice: Tundra & Armor (極限訓練：凍土と機甲)
- Time Limited Quest
- Arks GP2013 Preliminary Contest (アークスＧＰ２０１３予選)
New FUN Scratch Items
*Above is only a portion of items obtainable from the FUN Scratch.
Interrupt Ranking Changes
The following changes and bonuses have been added during “Interrupt Ranking” events:
- During “Time Attack Rankings” (タイムアタックランキング), applicable Quests will have “Experience Points from Enemies +100%” and “Clear Reward Meseta x10″ applied.
- During “Enemy Crushing Rankings” (エネミー撃破ランキング), rare enemies of the targeted enemy will also count towards the ranking.
- During “Enemy Crushing Rankings”, the targeted enemy (and its rare version) will have “Rare Drop Rate +400%” and “Boost Enemy Chance +25″ applied.
Other System Updates
- New Potential Abilities (潜在能力) have been added.
- “Pyroxene Refining Shop” (輝石錬成ショップ) name has been changed to “Pyroxene ・ Demon Stone Refining Shop” (輝石・魔石錬成ショップ)
- New items have been added to the Recycle Shop (リサイクルショップ).
- Item lineup at the My Room Shop (マイルームショップ) has been changed.
Team Room Additions
- “Forest Location” (森林拠点) has been added to Team Room.
- Team Counter NPC has been added.
- During “Attribute Grinding” (属性強化), if a +1 or above item is selected as an ingredient, a confirmation window will appear.
- During “Special Ability Addition” (特殊能力追加), if a +1 or above item – or a rarity ★7 or above item – is selected as an ingredient, a confirmation window will appear.
Other Changes & Additions
- For PC Version, on the “Party Settings” screen, if the Tab key is pressed, the cursor will automatically move to the “Renewal” option.
- An “Information” (お知らせ) function has been added to notify players of Campaigns and other events.
- A checkbox for “Potential Ability” (潜在能力) has been added to the search function in My Shop.
- Hunter Skill “Automate Halfline” and Gunner Skill “Automate Deadline” can both now be activated together.
- Fixed issue where “Dark Falz Elder” (ダークファルス・エルダー) will not go into Stun status.
- Intervals where enemies appear in Advanced Quests have been regulated.
- Changed so that the Vol Dragon summoned by Goron Zoran cannot be destroyed.
- Reduced load/burden when bringing up Symbol Arts.
- The name of NPC Xie (シー) will now change according to the event she appears in. For example, this time’s Xie is Xie (Rainy).
- The number of hits in Quartz Dragon’s “charging attack” has been regulated. Quartz Dragon’s difficulty has been regulated.
Player Rewards Campaigns
“Use FUN & Get Items” Campaign
Campaign Period: May 15, 2013 (after maint.) – May 29, 2013 (maint. start)
- During campaign period, use 100 or more FUN points and receive “Experience Point +50%” x2.
- During campaign period, use 1,000 or more FUN points and receive “Corsage Ribbon” (コサージュリボン) x1.
- During campaign period, use 2,000 or more FUN points and receive “Rose Bouquet” (＊ローズブーケ) (Weapon Camouflage) x1.
*Presents are scheduled to be sent out on June 5, 2013.
Client Order Campaign #8
Campaign Period: May 15, 2013 (maint. over) – May 22, 2013 (maint. start)
- Clear NPC Hans’ Client Order “The Trap Lurking in the Forest” (森林に潜む罠) and receive:
- Experience Points +50% x2
- Grinder x30
- Clear NPC Hans’ Client Order “Phantasmagoric Gigantic Armor” (変幻自在の巨大機甲) and receive:
- Extreme Pass x1
- Grinding Risk Reduction (+1) x4
- Grinder x30
*Presents are scheduled to be sent out on the May 29, 2013 maintenance.
Team Participation Campaign #2
Campaign Period: May 15, 2013 (maint. over) – June 12, 2013 (maint. start)
Details: After campaign period is over, everyone who belongs to a team with 4 or more members will receive “Experience Points +50%” x2!
*Presents are scheduled to be sent out end of June.
NicoNico Broadcast 3rd “Secret Keyword”
As revealed on the NicoNico PSo2 Live Broadcast on May 14, 2013, say the following “Secret Keyword” within the in-game chat (from now until the May 26, 2013 maintenance) to receive the next set of Special Character Voices (made by the NicoNico PSO2 Live Broadcast guests):
The special character voices you can receive will include: “Tokyoite” 『江戸っ子』、“Robotic Cool” 『無機質クール』、and “Chivalrous Gallant Woman” 『任侠風な勇ましい女性』.
What do you think of all the exciting updates to Phantasy Star Online 2 this time?
Like this post? "Like" our Facebook page and follow me on Twitter to get free updates when new posts are available :)