It’s that time of the month again with another PSO2 update and new AC Scratch: “SEGA Star Selection”!
Plus, info on Arks Bingo (how to play and some items you can obtain), idol NPC Kuna’s (クーナ) Live Stage Event (and how to participate in it), “Border Break Union” vs “PSO2″ Collaboration event and obtainable items, and much more!
Plus, don’t miss out on the “1 Year Commemoration” Time-Limited FUN Shop Items, new Player Reward Campaigns, and more!
Read on for the full scoop…
“SEGA Star Selection” 「セガ・スターセレクション」 AC Scratch
Available Until: July 24, 2013 (11:00 AM JPT)
This time’s AC Scratch by the name of “SEGA Star Selection” features popular characters from SEGA games – including collaboration items from the “Sonic the Hedgehog”, “Valkyria Chronicles”, “Puyo Puyo”, “7th Dragon 2020-II”, and “Virtua Fighter”!
Here’s some of the items obtainable from the “SEGA Star Selection” 「セガ・スターセレクション」 AC Scratch:
Costumes & Parts
Hair & Head Parts
*Above is only a portion of items obtainable from the “SEGA Star Selection” AC Scratch.
A new “Arks Bingo” mini-game/system has been added of today’s update.
Your Arks Bingo Card can be accessed under the Main Menu 「メインメニュー」 > Quest 「クエスト」 > Arks Bingo Card 「アークスビンゴカード」.
Like in a normal Bingo game, the objective is to fill the bingo boxes until a “line” is filled.
Each “box” will have an objective, such as “Defeat Rock Bear”, “Grind a Weapon/Unit”, “Complete X NPC’s Y Client Order”, and so on.
Every time a “line” is successfully completed, a “BINGO!” notification will appear and you’ll receive a reward item!
Additionally, the number of bingo boxes filled by everyone in the entire Arks will be counted as “Bingo Points” – and for every Bingo Points milestone (100000 pts, 250000 pts, 500000 pts, etc.) passed, everyone will receive a bonus item.
Some of the additional bonus items everyone can receive by filling as many Bingo boxes as possible include:
Kuna’s (クーナ) Live Stage Event
Starting from the middle of June, there will be an opportunity to see NPC Kuna’s (クーナ) Live Stage Performance (in-game of course!).
The event will be announced 15 minutes before it occurs (just like an Emergency Quest), and Kuna will appear on the main stage at the Shop Area.
Also, several “Wave Light Sticks” Lobby Actions have been added to both the FUN Shop (FUN Shop, not FUN Scratch) and “SEGA Star Selection” AC Scratch, so be sure to obtain them so you can cheer on Kuna at the event!
1 Year Commemoration Time-Limited FUN Shop Items
A special “1 Year Commemoration” section has been added to the FUN Shop as of today’s update, and will be available until August 7, 2013.
Some of the items purchasable with FUN points in the “1 Year Commemoration” section include 2 new “Wave Light Sticks” Lobby Actions and the complete musical instruments set (Room Goods) (including the Grand Piano, Drum Set, etc.).
“Border Break Union” vs “PSO2″ Collaboration
PSO2 has collaborated with “Border Break Union” (popular arcade game in Japan) to bring players of both games special collaboration events and items!
Collaboration 1: Time-Limited Quest “Border Break Chaos” 「境界を砕く混沌」
A special time-limited quest “Border Break Chaos” 「境界を砕く混沌」 has been added to the quest list at the Quest Counter.
Participate in the quest and obtain various exclusive drop items from defeating enemies!
Collaboration 2: Receive Items Just By Logging In!
Receive special items just by logging into PSO2 and BB.net (online Border Break service).
Collaboration 3: Complete Objectives & Receive Items!
Complete certain objectives in both games and receive special items respectively!
For BB Union:
Achieve Class “D4″ or above and receive a set of PSO2 weapons and an “Arks Skull” emblem.
Defeat “Cougar NX” in the time-limited quest “Border Break Chaos” 「境界を砕く混沌」 and receive a Cow Man costume & accessories set, plus an “LE Rifle” double saber weapon camouflage.
Collaboration 4: Border Break Collaboration Items from FUN & AC Scratch!
New FUN Scratch Items
New items have been added to the FUN Scratch, including:
*Above is only a portion of items added to the FUN Scratch.
New Event Lobby: Sonic Lobby
From June 12, 2013 – June 26, 2013 (maint. start), a new “Sonic Lobby” will be on display.
New Enemy: Cougar NX
New Time-Limited Quest: “Border Break Chaos” 「境界を砕く混沌」
A new time-limited quest “Border Break Chaos” will be available from June 12, 2013 – August 7, 2013 (maint. start).
New Client Orders from Xie (1 Year Commemoration)
Xie (1 Year Commemoration) 「シー（１周年記念）」 will be available from June 12, 2013 – August 7, 2013 (maint. start) to give out new Client Orders.
New items have been added.
*Above is only a portion of items added.
“Login Stamp” System Added
A new system, “Login Stamp” has been added.
Just by logging into PSO2, a “Login Stamp” will be given (1 stamp per day). Collect 5 stamps and receive an item, collect 50 stamps to proceed to a new “Login Stamp” sheet.
*Players with Premium Set active will receive an additional bonus of 1 Login Stamp.
- “Campaign Item Receipt” 「キャンペーンアイテム受取」 function expanded to include notification by mail whenever new items are available.
- When accepting a Quest where a partner character Client Order exists, a “follow” notification will appear for that partner character.
- Added QR code to AC shop and made it easier to purchase AC with smartphones.
- Unnecessary “part updates” data remaining after a “precede update” on PCs will now be erased after the update is completed.
- Changed the lineup at the Net Cafe Point Shop.
- Added new Potential Abilities to weapons.
- Added new items to the FUN shop (1 Year Commemoration).
- Emergency Quest changes:
- The Emergency Quest “Gigantic Armor Awakening” 「巨大機甲種・覚醒」 (Big Vader) has been extended to 30 minutes and can now appear together with the Lilipa Planet Emergency Quest.
- The voice and text announcing the Falz Arms/Dark Falz Elder Emergency Quests has been changed.
- Made it easier to destroy Falz Arms parts and added new drop items.
- Changes to “One of Profound Darkness (Elder)” 「深遠なる闇の眷属【巨躯】」 Emergency Quest:
- Added drop items to Dark Falz Elder.
- Regulated the required Falz Arms needed to be destroyed for this quest to appear.
- Remarks made by Brigitta and Hilda at the start of the quest has been changed.
- The position of the Event Field (story) that appears after this quest is over has been changed.
- Emergency Trial changes:
- For Emergency Trials that require “collecting/gathering” objects, the reward will be increased for players who have gathered more target objects.
- Drop items and rate of appearance of the Emergency Quest “Intercept Arks Clones” 「アークスの模倣体？を迎撃せよ」 has been regulated.
- Time Attack Quest changes:
- Enemy arrangement and gimmicks in the Time Attack Quest “Breakthrough Training: Dragon Altar” 「突破演習：龍祭壇」 has been changed.
- Other changes:
- Drop items from Parallel Areas will no longer appear in the Quest Item Records.
- Order of options when talking to NPCs have been changed to “Client Order” 「クライアントオーダー」, “Talk” 「話をする」, “Leave” 「この場を離れる」
- The area which enemies appear on the small radar map during quests have been increased, allowing easier detection of enemies during Emergency Trials and such.
Current Player Reward Campaigns
Client Order Campaign #12
Campaign Period: June 12, 2013 – June 26, 2013 (maint. start)
- Clear NPC Xie (1 Year Commemoration)’s 「シー（１周年記念） 」 Client Order “Why! Dragon Clan in the City!” 「なぜ！ 市街地に龍族の怪！」 and receive:
- Experience Points +50% x2
- Grinding Risk Reduction (+1) x2
- Clear NPC Franca’s 「フランカ」 Client Order “Quartz Dragon’s Scale Collection” 「クォーツ・ドラゴンの鱗の調達」 and receive:
- Extreme Pass x1
- Grinder x99
*Rewards are scheduled to be sent out on the July 3, 2013 maintenance.
“1 Year Commemoration” Big 3 Campaign
Campaign Period: June 11, 2013 (11:00 AM JPT) – July 3, 2013 (11:00 AM JPT)
Campaign 1: New ID Registration Campaign
New players who register a new SEGA ID and PSO2 account during the campaign period will receive:
- Triboost x2
- Half Doll x1
Campaign 2: Comeback & Thanks Campaign
- During the campaign period, characters with Class Level 10 or above that log into PSO2 will receive:
- Round Sunglass 「丸サングラス」 x1
- Deerstalker Hat 「ディアストーカーハット」 x1
- During the campaign period, characters with Class Level 10 or above that haven’t logged into PSO2 since May 8, 2013, that log into PSO2 will receive (in addition to the above presents):
- Experience Boost +50% x2
- Rare Drop +50% x2
Campaign 3: AC Charge Campaign
- During the campaign period, players who have charged 2,000 AC or more into their accounts will receive:
- Grinding Success +10% x2
- Grinding Risk Reduction (+1) x4
- Grinder x50
- During the campaign period, players who have charged 5,000 AC or more into their accounts will also receive:
- White Rappy Suit 「ホワイトラッピースーツ」 x1
Like this post? "Like" our Facebook page and follow me on Twitter to get free updates when new posts are available :)